Thursday, July 29, 2010

Learn The Music Business Before You Decide To Become An Artist (Part 1)

Bio. LogoImage via Wikipedia

Some musical artist get involved in the music business and have no clue about the business side of the industry. 



I see this on an every day basis, dealing with the artist that contact me about management or promotions. I ask that clients submit a picture and a bio (biography) before we start working together. I do this so that I can familiarize myself with the people that I work with. I find that a lot of artist don't know what a bio is or what they should enclose in one. So, I have to spend time explaining what is a bio and how important it is?

Bio is short for biography. A biography presents the subject's story, highlighting various aspects of his or her life, including intimate details of experiences, and may include an analysis of the subject's personality.


It is very important to have a bio because you will need a bio to go along with your press kit. I will discuss what a press kit is later on.


All artist should also have a professional picture of themselves. When I ask that an artist send me a picture, I get all types of pictures. Most of them are not professional in any type of sense. I get pictures of artist and they friends, and sometimes doing illegal activities. When you decide to become an artist you have to take on a sense of professionalism. You have to look at it as being an artist is your job. When you go to a job interview you go with a resume, which is similar to a bio in a way. You have to make sure that you appearance is suitable. So, if you send a picture to someone connected with the music industry you should make your picture as such. LET'S KEEP IT PROFESSIONAL!!!!!


Continue..... Part 2







Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment